Saturday, July 5, 2014

Create your own Fireworks with ColAR

With kids that are grown, it can sometimes be a bit of a stretch to explain why you are sitting in the kitchen with a giant box of crayons when your hubby walks in and gives you that look, but with the ColAR App I had the perfect excuse and just in time for the 4th of July!!! ColAR was something I learned about from Leslie Fisher and it looked so cool that I had to try it out for myself.  So, I headed to the ColAR Mix website, 
scrolled down to find the holiday pack,
and printed out a blank coloring sheet with fireworks. 
I opened a fresh pack of Crayons and set to work (all for the sake of evaluating the app, of course).
Within minutes, I was finished coloring and ready to download the ColAR App from iTunes.
I opened the app and held my phone just above the finished page.
The coloring sheet immediately transformed from a 2D picture to a 3D, interactive image.  When I touched the rockets on the screen, they shot off into space and erupted into a beautiful fireworks show. Here's a short video showing the whole process and the fireworks:
ColAR has so many images, surely I can find at least one to use in my classroom:)

No comments: