Friday, March 13, 2015

Top 20 Projects to include in a New Makerspace

I have just completed my last assignment for the Tinker, Make, & Learn MOOC with Robin Bartoletti and all that I can say is that it was incredible!!! For a few weeks, I became immersed into this new world where everyone was talking about designing hands-on environments for students to create and investigate math, science, and engineering topics.

For my final project I developed a Makerspace plan in which I chose to write for middle school - the group that I have been working with to complete my pilot projects.  In writing my plan, I included sample experiences that I could use as a springboard to get students into the space and provide direction and focus.  The selected activities would allow for interactions with technology and exploration of concepts in a way that is not currently being offered in the classroom or laboratory.  I had so much fun pinning projects and even trying a few at home. So, if you are like me and just getting started, here are 20 do-able ideas to integrate into your classroom or makerspace:

Curriculum Ideas

Curriculum Area
Maker Project
Science
Science
Science
Science
Technology
Technology
Technology
Technology
Engineering
Engineering
Engineering
Engineering
Art
Art
Art
Art
Math
Math
Math
Math

2 comments:

penny said...

That sounds awesome! I do love learning in a MOOC environment, but to be able to have a "product" at the end must rock!

Cindy said...

Hey Penny!
Thanks! The MOOC was fabulous. I highly recommend the instructor and it was so helpful to have the online community's support throughout the process. I did feel like I accomplished something when I turned in my final project. It was exactly what I needed to get going on this idea!