Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Clean Up YouTube Videos with ViewPure

I'll never forget the day I was in Room A-10 sharing a really cool YouTube video on a new robotic technology with our 7th grade STEM students.  While I can not recall the exact name of the clip I showed, I will never forget the title of the one that popped up next...Daffy Duck says *?!x^!?* Says what?!? Oh perfect! I remember, slowly dying about a thousand deaths.  I couldn't seem to close YouTube fast enough. To top it off...a parent was in the room to witness the fiasco:/ Let me add that this was about 7 years ago and I still feel an inward cringe as I sit here typing this.  Why, oh why does YouTube need to suggest another video?  And how exactly do the clips posted in the column to the right actually relate to my perfectly innocent movie?

I would not wish this experience on anyone, so when I saw ViewPure at #ISTE2015, I knew I had to share. No sign-ups, no logins...simply copy the URL for the video you want to "purify" and just like that, the service removes all images, comments, ads,and related videos from the video of your choice. YouTube videos can now be watched without distractions or risk of "inappropriate content". It is even possible to pre-determine a start and stop time for the clip so that you can show only a specific portion of the clip.

Here's how it works:
Step 1: Find a YouTube video you like and copy the URL
Step 2: Head to VideoPure
Step 3: Paste the link to the selected video into the field on the homepage that says "Enter YouTube URL or search term..." and click "Purify"



Step 4: Enjoy your video of choice free from ads, pop-ups, and distracting sidebars
See video

It's that easy to avoid an incredibly awkward moment when showing a YouTube video!  Want to see a quick overview of the process?  Here is a quick overview:

No comments: