Friday, June 27, 2014

Exit Tickets and CCSS Resources

Another two great finds this week: one to make and one to fill in the gaps as you transition to the Common Core State Standards.  While pouring over Pinterest this week (a perfect summer activity!!!) I came upon Shannon Reardon's idea for an exit ticket organizer in which students file their responses to two questions that she poses on the interactive whiteboard. If they know it, great! They can file their ticket in the "Got It!" folder. If not, students can choose to place their exit ticket in the "Kind Of", "Almost", or just plain "Nope". 
I love that it makes quick work of seeing who knew or thought that they knew the answers and let's you know where you need to start the next lesson!
When I stumbled upon this next jewel, I was actually smack dab in the middle of writing for my second job. As a curriculum writer, I experience quite a workout.  It requires me not only to read the new Common Core State Standards (CCSS), but actually teach them through example problems and modelling and then write assessment items.  All I can say is  that sometimes interpreting the CCSS takes me as much time as actually writing for the lesson.  So, to say the least, I was overjoyed, ecstatic, thrilled beyond belief to find Saginaw Valley's K-12 Connection.  The university partnered with educators to pull together online resources that matched the CCSS.  This week, I used their online pacing guide for 7th grade which was full of relevant links to help fill in the blanks. Awesome resources for more than just math!!!

No comments: